Wednesday, August 17, 2011

I Can Ice Skate, Biotch! Watch Out........

Hello Everyone, sorry for not posting the last few days or so...........

This is what's new with me,  Thank Goodness-The Bloggess, Jenny is back up and running, she has returned from vacation with some really funny post, you can link to her website via the sidebar {- that way, enjoy!
I'm really happy she is back, The Otherhalf is not, he wasn't too impressed with the Banana's I have imprinted with bad sayings and left out for him to find the next morning:-)

On another note, I was Happy to see that The Flyers are having try-outs for their, "Flyers Ice Team"!  So happy I reviewed all the information-----carefully:-)  Then I decided to, look up some of the requirements:  perfect I'm off,  I can perform all of the requirements, specifically the age, I'm over 18 and better yet no age limitations.
Then, I carefully looked up what do The Flyers Ice Team girls/boys look like?

Well, let me first tell you I have partial season tickets, and I have never seen a male, so what do these girls look like?  Shit, they are young, good-looking girls, wearing small outfits!

I'm a good looking woman, under 35- read my blog- I've been 33 for a few years, but I keep myself in shape, seriously who has time to eat running around after 4 kids and get them to their multiple sporting events, like ice skating lessons, playing for multiple soccer teams all over the city!
I ice skate has much as I can and exercise to the best of my ability..............

I decided to then call, the number provided for more information:  definitely no age limits, just need to pass the obstacle course, so I decided to mess around with the person who took my call.

I proceed to tell the woman that I told my Grandmother all about the Flyers Ice Team try-outs and she wants me to bring her to New Jersey, and that she has Ice Skated her entire life and plans on trying out, I want to make sure that if I'm driving her 60 miles round trip that her age will not be counted against her.
I was completely reassured, my Grandmothers age is not a factor and if she can do all of the ice skating requirements and obstacle course she will be picked, also her interview counts, which I told the woman, my Grandmother was sweet and charming, sweet as pie-she will definitely make it, and I will make sure that her dermatologist does not do any skin cancer scrapings prior to the tryout, she does have amazing skin for being 88.  I want to make sure her pictures will look great that day.

The woman was more than happy to get me off the phone at that point and she did seem completely confused and was like WTH by the end of our conversation:)

My job was then complete, I need an old lady outfit, complete with rubber mask and hair to pull this off, just to prove the point they would never pick an old lady:)

No comments: