Thursday, November 20, 2008

The Other Half

Yes, The Other Half is o-kay Thank God!

Posted: Thursday, 20 November 2008 10:04PM

Injured Firefighters Are Recovering
by KYW's Hadas Kuznits

One firefighter has been released from the hospital and another is recovering from surgery, after falling through a roof at a fire they were battling Wednesday night.
The fire happened at an auto repair garage near Hegeman and Wingate Streets. Executive Fire Chief Daniel Williams says a cause has now been determined:
"The fire marshal has determined the cause of the fire to be electrical appliance, that is a battery pack, that was being misused."
He says the portion of the business that caught fire was one of the garages at the business. Nevertheless, the entire business has been temporarily shut down:
"The business was issued a cease operations order, and that's for everybody's safety. There were so many violations that the place would have to be corrected, all the violations would have to be corrected before they're allowed to open that business again."
One of the injured firefighters underwent surgery, the other was released from the hospital. Both are expected to recover.

No comments: