Saturday, November 1, 2008

Our Trip to California


I wanted to write so much, after our trip to California but did not have the time, then it was back to work, back to the same old stuff.


So here it is in a nutshell.


When I was younger, living with my Grandmother, she always told some weird stories about when she lived in California, so I never really thought I would like it. I did spend a short amount of time there waiting for a connection after coming back from Tahiti, so that experience never really counted.


Now California is a place, I may like to live, perhaps even retire! The weather of course was beautiful, warm or hot during the day and cool at night - almost reminded me of the Pocono's during the summer.


Everyone, and I mean everyone was ssoooo nice to us. From the family at Universal Hollywood to the Love Ride. We ran into a lot of "transplants" from the East Coast, and this nice young couple, the gentleman grew up in Wildwood Crest- imagine that! I vacationed in Wildwood Crest, every summer as a young kid.


We drove all the way to Carney's to see if, it was true about the Hot Dogs and Burgers, and yes, they are pretty darn good!


The only complaint was driving on those freeways! Even if we drove 80 miles per hour, we were being passed by, like we were not even moving, it was a pretty scary thought! It made driving on I-95 like a good thing.


We really needed to getaway, since we NEVER have anytime to ourselves, and the fact we never see each other, hence the fact we have been married so long. Make me wonder, where all our kids came from!?


The Tubes and Foo's put on a great concert, sort of didn't see much of the ZZ Top, but heard they were fantastic.


Well, that is it in a nutshell....Oh Yes, I'm working again tonight-imagine that not 12 hours, but 13 plus...I swear I have to plan it better...I think I have worked every Daylights savings time in the fall for the past 15 years! Go Figure.

No comments: